Monday, August 15, 2011
Matuku's Island...for a 3 year-old?
This week our big adventure was an excursion to Matuku's Island. It is an indoor play place that I have wanted to go to now for quite some time as it says it is a play area for 1 and up. I just have not seemed to make it there. It is far (about 20 minutes drive) and I have not wanted to go either pregnant or with Jillian as I know that Henry would want me to do everything with him. After having to juggle some scheduling around to get to be able to go with my playgroup, it was a little bit of a let down. I was under the impression that since the cost for ages 1-18 was the same price, there would be a ton of stuff to do for age 3. But, that was not our experience. First off, it was truly amazing. It was like a giant tree house (like you were a little fairy in a forest) But all the play structures were connected (so there was no little one just for younger kids.) There were places that were COMPLETELY dark. No light...just dark. Even a slide in the dark so you could not see where you were going. There were too many ladders and fire poles to be really safe until Henry can go down them easily by himself. Especially, because some of them were near the very dark places. Plus the slides were very large, had 60+ degree drops or tight 90 degree turns...it was crazy. I went down the slides with Henry and I have a pretty bad Boo Boo on my elbow. It was their largest slide and my elbow was rubbing on the slide in order to keep Henry on my stomach. Probably much more appropriate for a 7+ kid. There was not very much he would do unless I went with him. We did have a good time connecting with some old friends. And Henry really enjoyed the arcade. We will go back, probably in a couple more years, but no time soon.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment