Monday, August 1, 2011

Fun on the beach...

Well, we got back from vacation and it has been a hard few days of reality.  The kids are finally un-jetlagged.  So we slept until 6 instead of 4 (yeah), but Jillian's nap schedule is still all out of wack. It will get better I know, but I am trying to get everything done so the next couple of days I can get the house ready and all the party prep done for Henry's 3rd B-day. Luckily, I worked like a dog before we left so most of the party stuff is already made.

We visited the trailer on Lake Ontario for 10 whole days. It worked out pretty good. Henry didn't want to wake up for our 7AM flight, but Andrew just had to say the magic words 'It's time to go' instead of 'It's time to get up.' and Henry was bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4:30. The flights there were good. We even made $300 for giving up Jillian's seat on the second flight from Cleveland to Syracuse. The stay was perfect and relaxing. I even got to read 3 books. Granted I felt like I was neglecting everyone (kids and extended family) to get all 3 books read, but it was fine. The family and kids spent lots of time together and they played and had a great time. We even made it to the zoo. Andrew and I had two 'dates' away from the kid. We went to get sushi and then to see Harry Potter. The most excitement was at the Sushi/Tappanyaki restaurant, one of the chef's put too much umph into the fire exposion and the fire alarm with off, and so did all the sprinklers on the tappanyaki tables. Good thing we were just paying our bill when it happened. Our second date consisted of Ponderosa and Mini-Golf. We sure do know a good time. Before we knew it, our 10 days were up. I packed the suitcases (one was 50.5 lbs and the other was 49lbs) and we headed to the airport and flew back to Phoenix. The flights were good on the way back too. So overall a very good trip. I figure pictures say more than words, so enjoy.

No comments: