Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pintrest Fail

I have been a 'member' of pintrest for a while now and while there are some great ideas on there, I am not a fan.  I like to think that I am pretty creative and I originally thought that I would be on there all the time filling my well of creativity...but all it does is makes me realize how busy I am, how much I could be doing if I didn't sleep (and I do love my sleep), and how it makes me feel like an inadequate mom.  I mean, who really has time to cook extravagant meals every night, make home made cleaners for a spotless home and create hours and hours of fun projects to do with their kids.  Not me!  My house is in a constant stage of mess (sometime much more than others), dinner is whatever I have time and energy for (and that does include Kraft Mac n'Cheese at times...I know...GASP), and I am lucky now a days to get one fun project in with my kids a week.  Anyway, before I decided not to waste any more time I pintrest I found a really fun looking project.  A Giant Water Pad/Bag (Like this one...which did not fail) http://www.taylors4you.com/2012/04/giant-water-padbag.html

Looks like great fun.  Our pool is still a little too cold for me and we had a playdate with a bunch of friends and I thought this would be great.  Well, as I was filling it up a giant air bubble formed in the middle (like giant) and I could not get it out.  I was still trying to 'engineer' the air out when Henry and his friend decided to run on it.  This punctured the plastic because it was stretched to the breaking point.  So...we had a wet water bag instead of a dry on.  The kids didn't seem to mind...so it was not a total fail!  Just had to find swim suits for all our guests!
Water Bag held water pretty well considering there were holes

Henry's feet are inside the bag

where there was not holes it worked great

All the girls enjoying the water

No comments: