Saturday, October 12, 2013

Week 2 - Nature Walks, Out of this World, Safari Sam's and Gingerbread Ghost house.

Looking at the fuzzy catapillers!
Week number two started with more rain...blah...but I was very hopeful that Ms. Downstairs worked normal hours so we didn't bother her.   This week we went to Out of This World, which was a little different than I remember, but still lots of fun.  Henry made a friend there, and unfortunately Jillian was a little small to keep up with the big boys so she was very distraught.   But I was able to keep her semi occupied.  And with the exception of the head butting incident (Jillian was trying to keep someone out of a play house and was holding the door with both hands and headbutted someone because her hands weren't free), it was a great time.   We also headed over to Sherwood to Safari Sam's.  This place was GREAT for Henry.  Jillian too, except the climber was so big and had so many entry/exit points I kept losing her.  One time she left out the back and was over in the arcade (on the opposite side of the building) and the other time she was in the mini-gold area.  Needless to say, I almost had a heart attach both times...but she has NO FEAR and too much faith that I will always find her!

We also did some crafts this week.  I was feeling a little more industrious than the first week so we made a Gingerbread Ghost house (from a kit) and we also did a nature walk and we collected some beautiful leaves.  We have the book 'Apple Trouble' where a hedgehog makes a nest out of leaves...so we did one.  They turned out pretty cute.  Then it was time to pack up and leave.  Whew...glad we made it home after two weeks away.  I never realized how much my kids stomp and jump and I am very grateful to have a one story house.

Ice Cream Face

Cone head.

Rocketship climber at Out of this World

Making a nest for our hedgehogs out of leaves 

Library storytime with beanbags

Jillian can do it also!

More beanbag fun

Haunted ghost house Side Henry deocrated

Jillian's side to ghost house

Playing at the park!

Soccer Fun

One morning we ventured over to Magnolia Park by where we lived last time...I had a towel but it was SO wet they both got soaked!

Jillian climbing overhead at Safari Sams

Henry using the rope swing.
Anything Henry does, Jillian does


Safari fun. 

No comments: