Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Weekend of Christmas

Well, we here in AZ are trying to get more into the Christmas Spirit. The weather has definitely turned "cold", and we spent all weekend doing Christmas stuff.

Friday night we got all of our Christmas Cookies and cards to our neighbors. Note for next year. Friday night is a good night to catch all our neighbors home. Plus our "odd" neighbors had company so we were able to make a quick visit! Saturday we got our tree. We bought a HUGE tree this year. It is the biggest tree we have had in AZ by far. The lady was really nice too because it was a 8.5 foot tree and she sold it to us as 8 feet. Because we wanted a 7-8 foot tree and the only one of that size on the lot was already sold. We got it decorated while Henry slept. The star literally is 1/8 of an inch from the ceiling...we could not get a bigger tree if we wanted too.

Saturday was also the day we took Henry to see Santa. I debated for a while about whether we were going to take Henry to Santa this year. He is young and is not too friendly with strangers yet. But, I felt the peer pressure from my other mom friends with their "You really are not going to take him to see Santa?" comments and I gave in. Unfortunately, Henry did not like Santa AT ALL. The picture pretty much says it all...but the video is pretty funny too (just ignore his laughing mom)! We tried to have Henry sit on Grandma's lap, but that didn't help either. Luckily, I'm frugal and we went to a "free" Santa so it was only the 30 minutes we spent in line that was wasted...I guess that Henry will be able to look back on this and laugh.

Saturday night Andrew and I went to a Christmas party. It was fun, but we can't stay out late anymore. Henry has not been sleeping well since we started supplementing him with Formula. So, we have decided to take him off for a while and see if that helps with the sleep. Sigh...I thought we had this all figured out with the "No-Dairy" policy in effect. The only think I can find that is a common ingredient in the food that make him sleep bad (other than dairy) is Safflower oil. Anyone out there heard of an allergy to that?

It is absolutely amazing to watch him grow and develop. This morning he was in the high chair saying "Fa-oot" and he had to say it a few times before I realized it was not "foot" but "fruit" which is what he was eating. Some fun new things that Henry is doing right now:

- He has figured out how to push the ice and water dispenser from the fridge. He has not figured out how to catch said ice and/or water yet however...good thing there is a lock.
- He can say faucet. This was all Andrew's doing. Apparently, ever since Henry was little, he has pointed at the faucet everyday during his bath and Andrew would tell him it was a faucet. Now he can point at it and say "Faw...Sit". It is almost two different words, but we'll take it!
- He tries really hard to parrot back Seriously. Apparently, I say that a lot. Henry usually says "Ce-rel-cee" (which would be his word for Cereal and Vitamin C put together. But on a good day it is 4 syllables at "Ce-rel-ess-cee"
- He calls his vitamins "Cee" because we started giving him Vit C when he had his colds. Now he sees the bottle (or Andrew, Grandma, or me taking them) and runs over and yells "Cee"
- He makes the sign for car and says "Gar-Gar". Sounds like car if you are not listening too closely. But he is making the "G" sound. Should not be too long before he can say Grandma!
- He knows you are supposed to smell flowers. He makes the sign or says "Fow-er" and then bends down to smell the flowers...so cute.

Sunday, I spent most of the day knitting a stocking for Henry. I think last year I was too sleep deprived to do it and I didn't remember until we were hanging the stockings. I am still sleep deprived, but I guess the main difference between last year and this year is that I have learned how to function on little to no sleep. It is an adjustment...this parenthood thing...well, I have a big stocking left to knit and less than 2 weeks to finish it!



No comments: