The playdate was with Henry's friends from his first school Zoe and her sister Sophie. They had a good time and Henry loved to play in their sandbox and 'mow' their lawn. I know this playdate was only a couple of weeks ago, but it seems like an eternity. That is probably because we are still not sleeping too well.
Jillian is starting to get super fun. She is much more aware now and has found her feet and rolled over (a whopping 3 months before Henry did!) So at the rate she is going she will be crawling way before Henry too! Plus, she now likes the jumperoo and the bouncer and is starting to 'outgrow' the swing. So this means she is getting big SO fast! Can't believe she is almost 5 months.
Our trip to New Orleans we SO SO SO much smoother than the trip to New Jersey. I am not sure if it was because I was able to know what to plan for, or just because the travel gods decided that since New Jersey was so hard to make this trip easier. We had to get up very early on Thursday to catch our 6:30 flight, but we made it to the airport with all of our connections in tact plus had a good time. Plus, the car rental place did not give us a hard time, they did a good job of getting us checked in and a minivan very quickly. It was SO humid there, once Andrew was done installing the car seats, it looked like he had taken a bath!
The drive to the hotel was just a little stressful as New Orleans is a 'big city' and most people use the public transit. We got a car because the hotel said they had parking on-site, but what they didn't mention was that they only had 30 spots and only gave it to the people who were staying for over a week. So, we had to pay $30 a day for parking in the lot across the street. Not too bad, but still an inconvience. The only other bad thing was the 'Full Kitchen' did not include a oven. But we made due. Plus, we got complimentary breakfast (which I was not expecting) and we were on the 17th floor which made for some beautiful views. So I figure we broke even with the hotel.
Thursday night and and I ventured out to the Welcome Party and spend the evening on a balcony on Burbon Street. What a riot! It was truly an experience. Plus, we can now say that we have had a Hurricane at Pat O'Brian's which is supposedly a must when you are there. I personally thought it tasted like benedryl. Blah. However the 191 daiquiris were delicious.
Friday we walked around the river front and for lunch went to a crawfish boil. That was something too. It was POURING when we got there and again the travel gods were on our side since we got a street parking spot that was very close to the shelter in the park. But Henry just wanted to run around and it would have been fun except for the lightning that came with the storm. Henry at first wanted to bring the crawfish home as a pet and I had to explain that some animals are for food. Then we told him they were a little spicy and he refused to eat one until I tricked him into trying one. Then he ate about 5-6. Then it was back to the hotel for a nap and we ended up not doing anything for the rest of the day. Henry was out for hours because he was so tired from the travel, walking, and playing at the park.
Saturday morning, we went to the aquarium. It was a very nice aquarium and Henry had a great time. We got there first thing when they opened and spent a couple of hours there. Then it was back to the hotel for lunch and then Andrew and I headed to my friend's wedding. The wedding was at an old Sugar Cane Plantation located about 1 hour from New Orelans. It was a beautiful wedding and ceremony. Unfortunately, I had another hurricane there (since that is the thing to drink in New Orleans) and my stomach got upset from the drink and the dancing.
Sunday morning it was finish packing, return the rental car, check the bag and car seats, and then fly home. We had two good flights and Henry and Jillian both slept on the flight from Houston to Phoenix. So that was great. Overall a much better trip than before.
Yesterday I spent most of the morning finalizing our vacation plans for 2012. We will be in San Diego for a week then we will be going on an Alaska cruise over the summer, plus our annual trip to visit Andrew's family over the summer. What fun!
Apparently blogspot updated their website again. Sorry for the weird picture placement. I will have to do some research on how to correct the picture placement when I have more time. The caption feature is kind of nice however!
| Seahorse |
| Tasting the spicy crawfish |
| Can we take them home as pets? |
No comments:
Post a Comment