Monday, May 23, 2011

The Busy Busy Weekend

The past week was pretty normal.  Preschool and swimming plus Grandma took Henry to Jambo Park.  Which I have decided is his favorite place in the world right now because every day I ask him what we are going to do and he says "Go to the park." So I ask which park and he yells "JAMBO PARK!!!" The weather is getting hot, so we will be doing a lot indoors for a while.  Good think Jambo is relatively close, has a 3 story climber (for exercise) and only costs $5.  Honestly, I think it is better than a bouncy house.

We had a crazy busy weekend.  First we had Henry soccer class.  I actually got to go and watch him.  He is so much better now than when I took him last summer.  I think it is because he is older and he has been doing a soccer class for almost a year now.  Henry has such a great time and runs around like a crazy kid.  Plus, I got to see him score a goal and actually do it with his feet and afterward throw his arms up and say "GOAL!!!" So cute.  Then his insisted we walk over to the park for a few minutes of playtime.  Then we went to a birthday party for his friend Madeline. We had a good time.  He jumped in the bouncy, made a hat and a pinwheel and played with the bubbles from the bubble machine.  Unfortunately, he started getting super wild and crazy at the end.  He was hug tackling, tickling (very hard), and even tried to pull someone's hair!  So, we were the first to leave the party. But we did get to stay for the pinata and cake. He was just in a psudo-time out.  He had to sit in a chair and watch so he did not hurt any other kids.

After the party we headed up to go camping with our good friends John, Lisa, and Lori.  It was a long drive with two kids (especially one who really needed to nap but kept asking "Are we at the campsite yet?"). But once we got there and got unloaded, we had a great time.  I was so excited because I made marshmallows from scratch (so they were corn free).  I bought Rice-Milk Chocolate, and Henry-friendly graham cracker so he could have his first S'more.  We ended up eating dinner a little early and having Smores while the son was still up.  Crazy I know, but you do what you have to when you have two small kids.  Everyone loved the marshmallows except there was a very small window between toasted and melted off onto the ground. Henry loved the marshmallow (untoasted) but when it came to the S'more, all he wanted to eat was the chocolate.  I guess considering he is almost 3 and is just starting to eat chocolate, I should have expected that having his first marshmallow and his first chocolate piece...the chocolate would have won.  But atleast now I know how to make them and I think I can now make some 'wicked good' Whoopie Pies for Andrew (and possibly Henry if I can find a good, Henry-friendly chocolate cake cookie recipe).  I think the best part of the weekend was when Henry woke up on Sunday at 5:15.  It was COLD (like 40-45 degrees). Henry declared that it was "Wake up time". I told him we could not get out of our sleeping bags because it was too cold.  Andrew said "It is snooze time, you want to watch something?" (we had our iTouch with us), but in that amount of time Henry fell asleep on my pillow for about 2 more hours. Andrew and I were of course awake (Jillian woke up about 5:45) and had to go to the bathroom, but didn't want to unzip the tent.  So it was a long two hours, but we got some good pictures.

I thought we were going to have a pretty quite weekend for memorial day, but we have been invited to 3 BBQs and one birthday party. So, the busy weekends continue. I kinda figure out the pictures, but I will still have to work at them to get the format right, but it was better this week than last!









No comments: