So, our weekend was filled with lots of bodily fluid, SO much laundry, fussy and tired kids and not too much fun. Andrew and I are both exhausted from the long weekend. But I guess that is the life of a parent!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
The sick weekend
I was all excited for this past weekend. It was memorial day so Andrew had an extra day off work. I had a Mom's night out with my mommy friends. We were invited to 4 BBQs and one birthday party. I was feeling all special, having so many friends to spend the weekend with, but the kids had different plans.

I went to my mom's night out on Friday night. I was informed that while I was out, Henry randomly threw up. He has done that before where he just eats something that does not agree with him, then too much activity equals barf, so I didn't think too much of it. Then at about midnight Jillian started throwing up. So, I really didn't sleep on Friday night, due to being up with Jillian most of the night. Changing onesies, towels, sheets, you name it. So, she continued to throw up during the morning and I decided to take her to the Urgent Care at my Peditritions office. They got me in and out very quickly, but the doctor "grounded" Jillian. No BBQs, no sun, no shopping (No fun), until she was able to keep fluids down. Apparently, there is a virus going around our area...seriously...I think every virus in our area has somehow made its way into our house! So, we missed our BBQs on Saturday. Only stayed at the birthday party for a short time (she was not throwing up any more and had been keeping fluids down for about 24 hours). And only stayed at the BBQ yesterday for about 3 hours. Both the birthday party and the BBQ were outside and even though the weather was nice (for AZ) I didn't want to risk having her get dehydrated. My friend Lisa does now shop for Henry when we go to their house. She had a little bowl of dairy/corn free pasta salad, green beans, root beer (What a treat for Henry. His first ever soda!), and soy ice cream. She is really one of my best friends and I am so glad that we worked together! Henry liked the soda, but had issues with the carbonation (as it was his first carbonated beverage as well.)

So, our weekend was filled with lots of bodily fluid, SO much laundry, fussy and tired kids and not too much fun. Andrew and I are both exhausted from the long weekend. But I guess that is the life of a parent!
So, our weekend was filled with lots of bodily fluid, SO much laundry, fussy and tired kids and not too much fun. Andrew and I are both exhausted from the long weekend. But I guess that is the life of a parent!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment