Sunday, December 4, 2011

Birthday at Marley Farms in Freezing Temps?!?

This weekend we went to a Birthday Party for my walking friend Jen's son.  He is about 3 weeks older than Jillian.  The reason why we make such good friends is because Jen also has a daughter approximately the same age as Henry (she is a few months older.)  We walk once to twice a week in the evening just to get out of the house, get some exercise, fresh air and commensurate on the trials of Motherhood.  We do differ since I am a Stay at home Mom and she works full time, but we still find we have LOTS in common since our kids are a large portion of our lives.  But I digress...

She decided to have a Cowboy themed party at the local petting zoo Marley Farms.  We had a great time and the only hitch was the weather it was COLD (I mean like highs in the 40's people...that is almost unheard of in AZ.) Plus it was windy and started raining right as we left.  Crazy...but we had a very good time.  Lots of fun, we were a bit underdressed (we are not 'equipped' with the proper clothes to be outside in that weather!) but Henry really enjoyed his pony rides (he went on 3).  Plus, he is big enough to feed the animals all by himself now.

My friend has vowed never to do an outdoor party for Gavin again, but I think this will be the only year it will ever be that cold in the beginning of December!

Feeding James the Camel

Jillian Checking out James

They had rescued a wallaby!

Jillian and Daddy with a goat!

Loving the pony rides

Look at that smile

Another ride!

She loves her daddy!

1 comment:

Nepsi said...

Funny :) I still wonder that any of us survived those winters in Troy. I was out for 20 mins with gloves and everything and I couldn't feel my fingers or toes the other night in 30 degree weather and I have no excuse since I still live in NY!