 |
| What a sweetheart! |
 |
| That's right Jillian...Let's Party!!! |
Well, Jillian made it to one year old. Yeah!!! The days of infancy in the Mansson Household are over! I will be honest, the infant stage is not my favorite. Toddlers/preschoolers are much more fun! Stats for one year: (drum roll please!) 22 lbs 13oz and 29 inches tall. So smaller than Henry but in the 75 percentile. Doctor was happy with her growth and her 'abilities'. Of course she is walking and she waved 'bye bye' to him. She also babbled a little for him which he said she was developing well. Henry beat her to the first word, but I don't think she is as interested in book or the signing videos as Henry was at this age. I definitely feel she is a much more social kid (meaning wanting to play with other kids instead of standing off to the side and watching). I am sure her first real word (she says 'da da', 'ma ma', and a few other syllables like 'Dee Dee' but I don't count those as words), fairly soon. She also know a bunch of signs but is not really signing them in a big way. She showed me banana this morning so that was exciting and the sign I could not figure out (it looks like horse), but it is actually cat! We are slowly starting to communicate and it is wonderful. We have also started her on soy milk (we figure since I could not eat dairy while nursing she will be intolerant like Henry), and she 'accidentally on purpose' (as Henry puts it) got one of his peanuts recently. Luckily, she didn't choke and she didn't have any allergy issues. She has 8 teeth and it looks like 1 molar coming in. It is amazing the growth they go through at this stage and how every day she does amazing things. It is so cute to see her do her 'speed walking' now. It is still painfully slow but faster than her normal toddle!
 |
Much faster at opening presents today!
|
To make her birthday even more special, we won a Baby Legs gift basket as part of the 12 days of free give away! That means we will be receiving a basket full of socks, tights, and leggings for both kiddos next week! I love putting her in baby legs and I love the fact that we won something just for being a fan on Facebook! I think this may be the best surprise I have had for a while and I think my Karma has evened out slightly for the Photo Booth mishap at her party ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment