Friday, April 20, 2012

AMY Field Trip and the rest of the week.

Henry's Wingspan
Blogger, has yet again changed their posting format...so we will see how I do.  But back to the post...This week I was able to accompany Henry on a school field trip to the AMY (Arizona Museum for the Youth).  We have been there once before and it was fun.  But, it was a little stressful.  The great thing about Montessori is that most of the parents are involved with their child's education. This also is what makes it stressful because every single parent goes on field trips.  So they shove us all into a classroom for 30 kids (and there are 20 kids and 20 adults!)  So...we are squished.  But overall, it was a good day.
Bath Time!

Jillian is still not talking. It is driving me nuts. I know she is still young, but at almost 16 months I expected her to have a few words. But she really doesn't even try. Sigh...one day the hours of screaming/crying will be over and she will be able to say "Mommy, may I have milk please". Hey at this point, I would be good with "Milk". I have really been trying to encourage words instead of signs, but she is not having any of it. But she is sitting at the table now, in a booster chair. She has mastered climbing into and out of the learning tower. Plus, she is getting really good at the shape sorter. So (other than speech) her development is right on or ahead. I am just starting to worry that she will never speak...but I say this now and I know that when she and Henry are both speaking it is going to be a screaming match of who can talk the loudest.
But other than that here are some Henry-isms that made us laugh:

Henry:"When I grow up I am going to have 152 kids."
Andrew:"That is a lot of kids Henry. Why do you want so many?"
 Henry:"So I can have a parade."
Or maybe this one:

Henry:"Come on mom! We have to fight Darth Vader and his cousin."
Me: "I didn't Darth Vader had a cousin? What is his name?"
Henry:"Doodle Vader...let go get them!"

I have so many more to share, but Jillian is waking up! 
All strapped in for the bus ride!
Playing on the bed!
Cheezer!

Her smile cracks me up!

No comments: