Monday, July 9, 2012

This one's for you Henri

At our wedding in 2002
 On the heels of our vacation, Andrew got a call from his aunts that his Grandfather was very ill.  He got the call around 10AM and was on a plane to NY by noon.  He got there around midnight and had the last conversation he will every have with his Grandpa Henri.  Andrew's grandfather passed peacefully on July 3rd in the early morning.  This is very sad news.  We did name our little guy after him, and he will be dearly missed.  We are so glad that he was able to meet our kids and be a part, albeit small, of their lives.  I am also very glad to have met him.  He was always knowledgeable on any subject, and he was also very kind, fair, and loving towards me.  I will always remember that he called me the 'Queen of Logic and Reason' and his love of the zoo and photography.  He stressed the importance to me of taking as many pictures as I could of my family since kids grow so fast and the day to day would be forgotten.  In a lot of way, this blog was due to the fact that I took his advice and started documenting all the things (big and small) we were doing, so they would not be forgotten.  Plus, all the pictures of the kids growing would be in one place. I posted a few of my favorite pictures of him.  So, GG Henri, we love you very much.  You will be missed dearly and this one is for you .
Holding his first 'Great Grand Dog' Nov 2004

NY Trip July 2011

No comments: