Saturday, December 5, 2015

Thankgiving, Grandma's Birthday, and the rest of November

Dinner table Picture
Thanksgiving this year was lots of fun because Jillian is really into helping with the cooking right now.  She helped me make almost everything.  It was pretty low key since my brother was not in town.  He got the leftovers...which is probably his favorite part.  I was told next year that I needed to make more sides because we ran out of those before we ran out of turkey.  So...Hopefully I will remember next year.  I just hate throwing the sides away if we don't eat them all.  

Good stuff in here
The dogs are lots of trouble.  More Smarts then sense.  The figured out how to get into the trash, so I had to put a new lock on the cabinet.  Plus they still chew on everything.  So Jillian and Henry have lost shoes and toys...and some clothes.  The chickens also seemed to be going through a lot of food...and then I saw them working as a team to tip the feeder over and eat...sneaks.  So we had to hang the feeder above a perch.  Didn't seem to bother the chickens but the dogs have yet to discover how to get up there.  Belle has started jumping onto the couches...so it will only be a matter of time until she figures out she can jump up there...luckily she is not the one who is completely food crazy.  That honor goes to Mayflower.  She is a chowhound like any other I have seen.  We had to get slow-down bowls for them because Mayflower literally inhailed her food.  So much that she would burp/throw up a little becuase there was so much air in her stomach.  She is doing much better with the slow down bowl...but then Belle eat her food faster than Mayflower and would go over and bother her...so now they both have slow eating bowls.

Happy Bday Grammy
My brother's second visit was very good too.  He brought a new game for the kids and they had a lot of fun playing with uncle Randy.  We also didn't get to see him too many times because Andrew was at work all week and the kids had school.  I had to tote them all around to Karate and everything so...not too much family time.  The dogs, being house broken, still didn't poop on Randy or his stuff...so I guess he will have to wait about 12 year when they are incontinent for them to do that.

We also got to celebrate Mom's Birthday with Randy.  We had pizza and cupcakes.  We were all still pretty fooded out from Thanksgiving, but it was just a nice basic family celebration.
Helping Mommy cook for Thanksgiving

Making Frosting

Yummy Turkey


Water Experiments

She climbed into the learning tower to get some scraps and could not figure out how to get out.

Found the Trash

Sister has to check it out too.


Jillian climbed a 'mountain'

No comments: