Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How Henry Naps.


So, most of you have heard in the blog that Henry is a cat-napper and will only take short 15-30 minute naps if I put him down. This is why I have the sling and a wrap, so I can get stuff done. Well, yesterday I was playing peekaboo with Henry and he started grabbing the blanket and pulling it over his face. I thought he was just being silly, until he started to snore...or maybe it is just breathing really deeply. So, I left him with the blanket over his face, for a short nap...which turned into almost 3 hours. Granted, I was checking on him ever 15-20 minutes of so, just to be sure he was still breathing. This morning, I tried it again. I put him in his pea pod, and gave him the blanket. He pulled it over his face and has been down for about 45 minutes so far...

I know...I know...I have been told not to let Henry have a blanket until he is 5-6 months old, but he is FINALLY sleeping on his own during the day! I also know that his can cause SIDS...but from what I read, pretty much everything can. I crocheted the blanket, so there should be enough holes for ventilation... I will keep you all posted on how the napping goes. Maybe this is just a fluke.

No comments: