Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Starting Karate

With the Sensei  DePalma after receiving their white belt
When we were at Spring Fling last weekend, we received a few free trial classes from a local karate studio. Henry has been asking to do Karate for about 6 months now, but I just have not been able to squeeze it in.  They went to class and had a great time so we signed them up for the summer to give us an extra activity to do.   The schools 'Lil Dragon' program seems to be great and the instructor (who is probably only 16 himself) keeps the class moving and does a great job with the kids.

Hoping Henry learns some Self Decipline and Self Control...he still gets crazy when he needs a nap (yes, he still occasionally needs a nap) or it is late in the evening.  Plus this gives me a chance to have both the kids doing something at the same time.   I am sure I will update once we have been in the program for a while longer.
Practicing Front Kick

Front kick

Side Kick


No comments: