Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Depending on the Weather

Last week we had another hot week. We kept cool by staying inside during the day, but in the late afternoon we were outside in the shade trying to get a jump start on fall. This week the weather was much more cooperative and it seems that we have had our last really hot stretch. We have been playing with sidewalk chalk. Which Jillian loves to eat and Henry loves to draw on himself. I also had Andrew and Henry wash the cars last weekend. Then the crazies decided it was warm enough to go into the pool. BRRR! Andrew said that it was not too bad, but they were only in there for a short time. I stuck my foot in and there was no way I was getting in regardless of the 100+ degree temp. We had a playdate last week here during the hottest strech last week. Of course the kids all wanted to play outside...even though it was hot. We had a nice time, it was small with just some of our very best friends over. We also got our winter garden planted. Or I should say that my Mom and Henry got our winter garden planted. Only after 2 weeks we have lots of sprouts popping up.

Jillian and I have been going to the Library to do baby time once a week. I am trying to get her out to do more with other little kids. She need some exposure to calm babies instead of wild and energetic 3 year olds. She seems to really enjoy it. But I think I am going to start calling it Mommy workout/Baby play time. The librarian there loves to do songs like the Grand ol' Duke of York and Pop goes the weasel where you have to lift you kid up. Jillian is somewhere around 22 pounds now. Not an easy task to lift that much weight 10 times in one song! But I keep telling myself it is good for me. She has also been getting a boat load of teeth. In the last 2 weeks she has gotten 3 teeth. Which explains why we have not been sleeping. I am pretty sure there is atleast one more coming...and I am hoping her teeth patter is going to even out. Her 3rd tooth was the 2nd one on the top left (so not the big one in front, but the one next to it). I don't know why my kids have wierd teeth, but I guess in the grand scheme of things it could be a lot worse. The 3 that broke are the two big ones in the front top and the one next to it on the right. So she now has 4 on top and 2 (almost 3 on the bottom.) Jillian is also expanding her food likes.  We have moved on to protein (beans, chicken, beef and pork) and she loves everything I put in front of her.  Totally opposite of Henry who was very picky about what he ate. Not sure if that is because I have been avoiding corn and corn products and dairy, or what.)

Overall, things have been good.  Trying to keep busy and enjoy the nice weather as it comes! 


   

No comments: