Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkins, Pumpkins Everywhere...

After soccer yesterday, we went to the Veteran's Oasis Park for their pumpkin festival. It was SO much fun, only a couple miles from our house, and Henry got yet another pumpkin (So that was $3 spent on pumpkins and we now have 7 pumpkins). They had face painting, a petting zoo, lots of crafts, tattoos, stickers, food, and a pumpkin carving station. So, of course Andrew had the honors this time of carving. We took Henry's bike and he rode so well. I am always shocked at how he learns things at school (like bike riding or tooth brushing) and he comes home with the skill mastered. He rode all the way around the lake...but he has not quite mastered stopping yet. Once we got home, he was all excited to do some more carving.  He wanted a very scary pumpkin, so I found a template and carved to the best of my ability.  Plus he wanted the little pumpkin carved.  So I got a lot of practice this year with carving pumpkins!  Hopefully next year I will remember how to carve all the spooky faces!

No comments: